By JAMES MARSON
MOSCOW -- OAO Novatek and Total's joint liquefied natural gas project in the Russian Arctic, Yamal LNG, said Monday it had selected France's Technip and Japan's JGC Corp. to contruct the liquefaction plant.
Technip and JGC Corp. will build a plant of three liquefied natural gas trains with an annual capacity of 16.5 million metric tons.
Yamal LNG didn't disclose details of the consortium's winning bid.
Novatek, Russia's largest non-state gas producer, owns 80% of Yamal LNG. Total holds the remaining 20%.
The project is expected to produce its first gas in 2017.
Dow Jones Newswires