- Global Energy Infrastructure
Jason Nunez is a Senior Technical Service Engineer at DuPont Clean Technologies for the alkylation and hydroprocessing businesses. He has more than 14 yr of experience in the refining and petrochemical industries. Prior to joining DuPont in 2014, he served in various roles at Citgo Petroleum Corp. and the Saudi Aramco Mobil Refinery. Mr. Nunez holds BS degrees in chemical engineering and environmental science from McNeese State University.
In Part 1 of this two-part series, recent technology developments to convert hydrofluoric acid (HF) alkylation to sulfuric acid alkylation were discussed.
Process Optimization / Refining / Acid Gas Removal / Construction / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Octane / Reactors / Sulfur / Americas
Because of its clean-fuel properties (paraffinic, high octane, low vapor pressure and very low sulfur), alkylate is considered one of the most desired components in the gasoline pool.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Lummus and Toshiba announce partnership for advanced carbon capture solutions 12/5
- Two new petrochemical plants are coming online in India 12/5
- Repsol supplies green jet fuel for Inditex's air freight in Spain 12/5
- Outokumpu and Alfa Laval join forces to reduce emissions in stainless steel production 12/5
- Eight Texas (U.S.) chemical plant workers treated for toxic gas exposure 12/5
- CLARITY – Clariant’s service portal digitally boosts technical support for 80+ catalyst customers worldwide 12/5
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group