- Global Energy Infrastructure
Shane Presley is the Technical Service and Development Manager at DuPont Clean Technologies for the alkylation and hydroprocessing businesses. Mr. Presley has more than 18 yr of refining and technology licensing experience, including roles at Chevron, ExxonMobil and DuPont. He holds a BS degree in chemical engineering from Mississippi State University.
In Part 1 of this two-part series, recent technology developments to convert hydrofluoric acid (HF) alkylation to sulfuric acid alkylation were discussed.
Process Optimization / Refining / Acid Gas Removal / Construction / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Octane / Reactors / Sulfur / Americas
Because of its clean-fuel properties (paraffinic, high octane, low vapor pressure and very low sulfur), alkylate is considered one of the most desired components in the gasoline pool.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Lummus and Toshiba announce partnership for advanced carbon capture solutions 12/5
- Two new petrochemical plants are coming online in India 12/5
- Repsol supplies green jet fuel for Inditex's air freight in Spain 12/5
- Outokumpu and Alfa Laval join forces to reduce emissions in stainless steel production 12/5
- Eight Texas (U.S.) chemical plant workers treated for toxic gas exposure 12/5
- CLARITY – Clariant’s service portal digitally boosts technical support for 80+ catalyst customers worldwide 12/5
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group