- Construction Boxscore
Gentry, J. C.
Joseph C. Gentry, is vice president of technology, R&D and engineering, for GTC Technology US LLC. He previously worked for ARCO Chemical Co. and Lyondell Petrochemical Co. in the olefins and aromatics areas. Mr. Gentry earned a BS degree in chemical engineering from Auburn University and an MBA from the University of Houston. He is the inventor of several patented separations technologies and has specialized in their applications for the petrochemical industry.
Dividing wall column (DWC) technology is becoming more widely accepted throughout the process industries as a means to increase efficiency and reduce capital and energy costs.
Distillation is the most often used means to separate two or more components, exploiting the physical properties of different boiling points.
Gas Processing/LNG / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Crude oil / Engineering & Design / Europe / Middle East / Natural Gas / Treating
Refiners are challenged to recover LPG from mixed fuel gas streams due to the difficulty of separating the lighter components from bulk gas. To maintain profitability, it is essential to direct all of the crude oil components to the optimum disposition. This practice is becoming more significant due to increasing LPG demand in some countries and the supply of lighter crudes in countries such as the US.
Here’s a different viewpoint on global warming
Advances in solvent technology enable using extraction methods to separate close boiling point compounds cost-effectively
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Yokogawa invests in and signs memorandum on business partnership with Tsubame BHB 2/21
- Russia's Feb oil exports from western ports seen around 8.2 MMt 2/21
- Vitol buys first naphtha cargo from Nigeria's Dangote oil refinery 2/21
- Technip Energies invests in the United Airlines Ventures Sustainable Flight Fund 2/21
- KT awarded Eni contract for hydrogen production in Livorno plant biorefinery conversion 2/21
- Asia's SAF projects and agreements 2/20
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group