- Global Energy Infrastructure
Kumar Dhar, P.
Pradyut Kumar Dhar is an Assistant Manager at Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd.’s research and development (HPCL’s R&D) hydroprocessing group. He holds an MTech degree in chemical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Kanpur and a BE degree in chemical engineering from Jadavpur University in Kolkata. He has 5 yr of research experience in hydroprocessing, and his areas of interest include process intensification and hydroprocessing technology development.
Vegetable oils are a renewable biomass resource used in the production of biofuels. Biodiesel production from transesterification of vegetable oils (fatty acid methyl ester, or FAME) is the primary route for producing biofuels from vegetable oils.
Through research and development (R&D), the commercial application of a mixed-solvent (MS) approach using a mixture of different co-solvents resulted in higher lube raffinate yields without affecting the lube oil quality.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- ORLEN partners with Yokogawa to develop cutting-edge technology for SAF production 9/22
- Oil prices rise as Russia fuel export ban stokes supply concerns 9/22
- Port Arthur LNG Phase 2 Project receives Federal Energy Regulatory Commission authorization 9/22
- EU set to demand e-fuel cars have no climate impact 9/22
- Ethanol groups slam U.S. EPA advisors for report on fuel's 'minimal' climate benefit 9/22
- China climate envoy says phasing out fossil fuels 'unrealistic' 9/22
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group