- Global Energy Infrastructure
Rao, P. V. C.
Peddy V. C. Rao is Chief General Manager at HPCL’s R&D center in Bangalore. He holds a PhD in chemical sciences from the IIT at Bombay, and has more than 26 yr of research experience in petrochemicals, petroleum/refining processes, catalysis, biofuels and resid upgrading. Dr. Rao holds more than 26 patents, both inside and outside of India, and has published approximately 80 research papers in international journals. He is also responsible for the developmentand commercialization of several products and processes.
Vegetable oils are a renewable biomass resource used in the production of biofuels. Biodiesel production from transesterification of vegetable oils (fatty acid methyl ester, or FAME) is the primary route for producing biofuels from vegetable oils.
Through research and development (R&D), the commercial application of a mixed-solvent (MS) approach using a mixture of different co-solvents resulted in higher lube raffinate yields without affecting the lube oil quality.
Visbreaking technology is a well-known, simple thermal cracking process for residual oils.
With the greater processing of heavy crude oils in refineries, the importance of fluid catalytic cracking units (FCCUs) has increased.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Russia may ease ban on diesel exports soon 10/4
- U.S. energy company HIF Global, Japan's Eneos to explore cooperation in e-fuels 10/4
- Kuwait's Kipic says third refinery at Al Zour oil compound to start operation before end of October 10/4
- India buys less Russian oil while Turkey increases its purchases 10/4
- Belize to launch project to make biofuel from seaweed clogging Caribbean coasts 10/4
- Egypt, Maersk's C2X sign agreement worth up to $3 B for production of green fuel 10/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group