- Global Energy Infrastructure
Jack Buehler is an Energy/GHG Consultant. He recently retired from Shell as a Principal Engineer identifying energy and GHG reduction opportunities for existing assets and new projects. Mr. Buehler has broad experience working with downstream refining and chemicals, upstream, and LNG. He has conducted energy assessments at Shell America’s refinery sites and supported JVs and third-party energy studies. Prior to joining Shell, Mr. Buehler worked for Union Carbide and Dow in operations, the startup of three ethylene crackers, process engineering, feedstock purchasing and JV contract negotiations. He now does consulting work with Petrogenium and Buehler Consulting. He is a member of AIChE and its Ethylene Producers’ Committee and earned a BS degree in chemical engineering from the University of Delaware.
This article is the continuation of an article detailing the seven pathways to decarbonizing the oil and gas and petrochemical industries. Part 1, published in the May issue of <i>Hydrocarbon Processing,</i> covered sustainability and reviewed the following three pathways: green and blue hydrogen (H<sub>2</sub>); biofuels, renewable fuels and e-fuels; and the circular carbon cycle.
Environment & Safety / Gas Processing/LNG / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Utilities / Reactors / Products / Polymers / Natural Gas / Hydrogen / Heat Transfer / Greenhouse Gases / Equipment / Environment / Engineering & Design / Economics / Construction / Carbon Management / Biofuels / Europe / Americas
This two-part article will cover the seven pathways to decarbonizing the oil and gas and petrochemical industries.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Russia may ease ban on diesel exports soon 10/4
- U.S. energy company HIF Global, Japan's Eneos to explore cooperation in e-fuels 10/4
- Kuwait's Kipic says third refinery at Al Zour oil compound to start operation before end of October 10/4
- India buys less Russian oil while Turkey increases its purchases 10/4
- Belize to launch project to make biofuel from seaweed clogging Caribbean coasts 10/4
- Egypt, Maersk's C2X sign agreement worth up to $3 B for production of green fuel 10/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group