January 2007

Columns

HPIn LNG: Shipping natural gas – new frontiers

Global natural gas (NG) demand is expected to double by 2020. Result: There is an increased activity in NG exploration. Globally, 75% of the NG produced is transported through pipelines, and the remai..

Saraf, S., Exponent, Inc.

Global natural gas (NG) demand is expected to double by 2020. Result: There is an increased activity in NG exploration. Globally, 75% of the NG produced is transported through pipelines, and the remaining 25% is transported as liquefied natural gas (LNG). In recent years, LNG has emerged as a primary source for catering to NG demands where there is no gas supply. In the US alone, 45 LNG receiving terminals have been proposed in the past three years. The LNG value chain consists of liquefaction plants, where NG is cooled and converted to a liquid, and receiving terminals, where LNG is vaporized and fed to gas pipelines. Although liquefying the NG is attractive for ease of transportation,

Log in to view this article.

Not Yet A Subscriber? Here are Your Options.

1) Start a FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION and gain access to all articles in the current issue of Hydrocarbon Processing magazine.

2) SUBSCRIBE to Hydrocarbon Processing magazine in print or digital format and gain ACCESS to the current issue as well as to 3 articles from the HP archives per month. $409 for an annual subscription*.

3) Start a FULL ACCESS PLAN SUBSCRIPTION and regain ACCESS to this article, the current issue, all past issues in the HP Archive, the HP Process Handbooks, HP Market Data, and more. $1,995 for an annual subscription.  For information about group rates or multi-year terms, contact email Peter Ramsay or call +44 20 3409 2240*.

*Access will be granted the next business day.

Related Articles

From the Archive

Comments

Comments

{{ error }}
{{ comment.comment.Name }} • {{ comment.timeAgo }}
{{ comment.comment.Text }}