The winners of the 2020 HP Awards have been announced
October 1, 2020—Midstream and downstream oil and gas industry professionals from around the world gathered Thursday to find out, and celebrate, the winners of the 2020 HP Awards. The awards seek to recognize and honor the hydrocarbon processing industry’s top innovations and innovators.
Honorees received awards in 15 categories—13 encompassing the latest technological advances in the hydrocarbon processing industry and two people awards—from the live-streamed, virtual event. These innovations are enabling refinery, petrochemical and gas processing/LNG operators to optimize their operations and increase safety, efficiency, profitability and sustainability.
More than 100 nominations were submitted from more than a dozen countries. Each abstract was voted on by an independent Hydrocarbon Processing advisory board.
A complete list of the categories and winners includes:
- Best AR/VR/AI Technology—Mimic™ Field 3D, Emerson
- Best Asset Monitoring Technology—IIoT Plant Asset Management Solution (PAM), Yokogawa
- Best Catalysts Technology—Fourtune™, BASF
- Best Digital Twin Technology—Petro-Sim®, Yokogawa
- Best Health, Safety or Environmental Contribution—Operations Mastery Project, AVEVA
- Best Instrument Technology—AVEVA Real-Time Crude, AVEVA
- Best Modeling Technology—Aspen HYSYS, Aspen Technology
- Best Natural Gas Technology—Rosemount™ CT4400 Continuous Gas Analyzer, Emerson
- Best Petrochemical Technology—Sulfur Free detergents for lubricants, Eni
- Best Process Control/Automation Technology—Bedrock OSA® + Flow, Bedrock Automation
- Best Process/Plant Optimization Technology—Control of Work, Sphera
- Best Refining Technology—Indmax FCC Technology, Lummus Technology and Indian Oil Corp. Limited R&D
- Best Software Technology—Barracuda Virtual Reactor, CPFD Software
- Most Promising Engineer—Andrew Becker, Burns and McDonnell
- Lifetime Achievement—Joe Gentry, Sulzer GTC Technology.
The 2020 HP Awards were generously sponsored by Siemens as the Supporting Sponsor and Sinopec SRIPT as the Registration Sponsor.
Hydrocarbon Processing, the leading oil and gas trade journal for the hydrocarbon processing industry, has a worldwide audience of more than 100,000. Gulf Energy Information has published Hydrocarbon Processing for more than 98 years. Additional information on the HP Awards program can be found at www.HydrocarbonProcessing.com/Awards.
Gulf Energy Information