- Global Energy Infrastructure
Babanna Biradaris a Principal Engineer with Bechtel India. He has 30 yr of experience in oil, gas and chemicals, infrastructure, metal and mining front-end engineering and detailed design and is a subject matter expert in fire protection and process safety. He holds an ME degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Roorkee, India (now Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee). He is a member of the NFPA technical committee “Electrical equipment in chemical atmosphere (EEC-AAA),” which is responsible for NFPA 496, NFPA 497 and NFPA 499 standards.
Most international and national standards used in the hydrocarbon processing industry (HPI) for conducting hazardous area classification do not provide any guidance or recommendation for non-electrical equipment, such as hot pipe and equipment surfaces, that can act as ignition sources.
Although widely used, the term “fireproofing” is misleading as almost nothing can be made totally safe from the effects of fire. Fireproofing refers to the systematic process (including materials and the application of materials) that provides a degree of fire resistance for protected support structures.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virgin Atlantic jet completes maiden transatlantic flight on 100% SAF 12/1
- Alaska Airlines partners with CHOOOSE to empower guests to reduce emissions and support growth of the SAF market 12/1
- India resumes imports of Venezuelan oil, Reliance seeks direct deal 12/1
- Brazil's Petrobras cuts jet fuel prices by around 6% 12/1
- Cosmo Oil and Yokogawa start exploring possibilities for refinery digitalization 12/1
- EPA fines Iowa ethanol producer for alleged clean air act violations 12/1
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group