- Global Energy Infrastructure
Used cooking oil can be refined into fuels such as biodiesel and SAF, which can be blended with conventional fuels to reduce carbon emissions.
Vietnam's largest oil refinery will restart some of its units from Oct 7-9 after it was shut down late last month for maintenance.
Shell is tentatively expected to restart a hydrocracking unit at Europe's biggest oil refinery in the Netherlands by Sept. 25 after a leak forced its shutdown on Tuesday, traders said, citing a report from industry monitor IIR.
European oil refinery output in August rose by 1% from the previous month to 9.73 million bpd.
Portugal's 226,000-barrels-per-day Sines refinery, owned by Galp Energia , will shut down for two months between October and November for planned maintenance.
Asia/Pacific / Engineering & Design / Economics / Equipment / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Refining
India's Reliance Industries said that it plans to temporarily shut three units at its plant in Jamnagar in the western Indian state of Gujarat for planned maintenance and inspection activities.
China's oil refinery throughput in August rose to a record, data showed, as processors in the world's second-largest crude consumer kept run rates high to meet summer travel demand and capitalize on strengthening export margins.
Nigeria has awarded contracts to 42 companies under a program to harness gas which is released as a byproduct of oil production.
Vietnam's Binh Son Refining and Petrochemical will shut down its 130,000-bpd Dung Quat refinery in March and April next year for major maintenance.
Refiners across the top-importing region of Asia are being forced to adapt buying patterns as the additional output cuts by Saudi Arabia have reduced availability of their preferred medium sour grades of crude.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- ORLEN partners with Yokogawa to develop cutting-edge technology for SAF production 9/22
- Oil prices rise as Russia fuel export ban stokes supply concerns 9/22
- Port Arthur LNG Phase 2 Project receives Federal Energy Regulatory Commission authorization 9/22
- EU set to demand e-fuel cars have no climate impact 9/22
- Ethanol groups slam U.S. EPA advisors for report on fuel's 'minimal' climate benefit 9/22
- China climate envoy says phasing out fossil fuels 'unrealistic' 9/22
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group