- Global Energy Infrastructure
Lines, J. R.
Jim Lines is an Engineer recently retired from Graham Corp., where he worked for 37 yr in various engineering and management positions. Lines has authored numerous articles related to heat transfer, vacuum process condensers and ejector systems.
A fuels-oriented crude oil refinery must have good performance from its vacuum distillation section to deliver targeted yield and throughput.
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Loss Prevention / Products / Rotating Equipment / Americas
Steam-surface condensers are used throughout the refining, petrochemical and chemical industries.
Maintenance & Reliability / Process Control / Refining / Crude oil / Economics / Engineering & Design / Furnaces / Heat Transfer
The crude oil refining and petrochemical industries make extensive use of condensers that operate under vacuum (i.e., below atmospheric pressure). Distillation is the most common process using these condensers, either as a process precondenser ahead of an ejector system, or as an intercondenser within an ejector system.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- DHL and Sasol join hydrogen firm HH2E on sustainable jet fuel project 9/25
- Indorama Ventures achieves 100 billion PET bottles recycling milestone 9/25
- Worley awarded FEED for QatarEnergy LNG’s largest CO2 sequestration project 9/25
- Renault to maintain mixed ethanol combustion engines in Brazil 9/25
- Fire at Kuwait's Mina Al Ahmadi refinery put out, production, exports unaffected 9/25
- South Korea's SK Energy offers more October gasoil 9/25
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group