- Construction Boxscore
29 August 2016
The transport and installation of the new hydrocracker vessel at Valero's Meraux Refinery in Chalmette, LA. It traveled 6,000 miles from Germany, up the Mississippi river and then to the Industrial Canal, with the final leg by road with escorts and utility line temporary relocation. An 1800-ton lift gantry lifted the vessel up off the long multi-wheel trailers and into position on the massive foundation.
15 August 2016
With construction of the Prelude FLNG facility well underway in the Geoje shipyard, we now turn to the Western Australian coast, where another vital aspect of the world-first Shell Prelude project is emerging. Deep beneath the sea, in one of the loneliest places on the planet, Prelude will connect to a critical network made up of Christmas trees, manifolds and flow lines, all connected to giant anchor piles. Their role: to control the flow of gas.
27 July 2016
Within GE, the Oil & Gas, ONE EHS, and Enterprise Data Management teams partnered together to analyze data to create a safer and more efficient working space.
13 June 2016
Lean and mean companies will weather this current storm, petroleum engineer and consultant Dr. Sam Avasthi says, but commodity cycles are not unique. World Oil sat down with Dr. Avasthi, and he told us in 1957 during a meeting held in the Exxon building in downtown Houston, how people wondered when crude oil would go above $3/bbl.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Yokogawa invests in and signs memorandum on business partnership with Tsubame BHB 2/21
- Russia's Feb oil exports from western ports seen around 8.2 MMt 2/21
- Vitol buys first naphtha cargo from Nigeria's Dangote oil refinery 2/21
- Technip Energies invests in the United Airlines Ventures Sustainable Flight Fund 2/21
- KT awarded Eni contract for hydrogen production in Livorno plant biorefinery conversion 2/21
- Asia's SAF projects and agreements 2/20
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group