- Construction Boxscore
Julie Valentine is Director of Global Refining Flow Solutions for Emerson. She first joined Emerson in 1993 and worked as the Refining Industry Marketing Manager for Micro Motion products for 14 yr. In 2015, she became responsible for all of Emerson’s flow technologies for the refining industry. Ms. Valentine has authored numerous technical papers on various applications of flow technology in the refining industry and is a co-inventor on two U.S. patents. She is a member of several working committees for the instrumentation and control group of API’s Refining and Equipment Standards program. She holds a BS degree in chemical and petroleum refining engineering from the Colorado School of Mines.
Process engineers must make many decisions to meet production targets, while maintaining the safe and efficient operation of a process unit.
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Refining / Analyzers / Construction / Corrosion / Products / Distillation / Equipment / Environment / Engineering & Design / Information Systems / Loss Prevention / Management / Pumps / Rotating Equipment / Safety
The refining industry is facing increased pressures, such as crude oil supply changes, changing product distributions and increasing regulations. These pressure points create a highly competitive market where refiners are looking for options that include digitally transforming operations and adapting new technologies to enhance safety and improve uptime, flexibility and efficiency, while securing their competitive position in a dynamic market. Improving personnel and process safety remains a top focus area for refiners.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Lummus Technology to provide proprietary heaters to Amiral petrochemical complex in Saudi Arabia 2/22
- Digital Feature: A novel process to help refinery operations comply with the U.S. Renewable Fuel Standard 2/22
- thyssenkrupp Uhde awarded ammonia revamp project in Egypt 2/22
- LG Chem and CJ CheilJedang join forces to commercialize bio-nylon 2/22
- BASF launches ChemCycling in the U.S. 2/22
- Axens successfully starts up hydrocracking units at Shenghong's integrated refinery in China 2/22
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group