- Global Energy Infrastructure
Shaun Dyke is an experienced chemical engineer who has worked in the refining and petrochemical industries for more than 40 yr in numerous technical, managerial, governance and consulting roles around the world. He lives in and works from New Zealand and writes in his spare time. Mr. Dyke earned a BSc degree (First Class Honors) in chemistry from Massey University, New Zealand. The author can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The centrifugal compressor has been the workhorse of the oil and gas industry for decades.
Hydroprocessing (hydrotreating and hydrocracking) units are high-pressure, high-temperature units that have multiple reactors, multiple beds per reactor and specialized metallurgy. Catalysts in these units are replaced on a 2 yr–5 yr cycle, depending on feed quality, unit design, catalyst selection, operational constraints and performance.
Hydroprocessing (hydrotreating and hydrocracking) units are high-pressure, high-temperature units that have multiple reactors, multiple beds per reactor and specialized metallurgy.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Digital Exclusive: Bio-based aromatics give pathway to drop-in 100% SAF 12/4
- Digital Feature: Enhancing ethylene cracker radiant tube integrity through innovative robotic inspection 12/4
- Suez Canal and Scatec sign $1.1-B green methanol MoU 12/4
- Kuwait's al-Zour refinery now fully operational 12/4
- Petroecuador says crude oil output surpasses 400,000 bpd 12/4
- Russia's seaborne diesel exports rose in November with the ban lifted and increased production 12/4
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group