- Global Energy Infrastructure
Rimon Vallavanatt is the Senior Principal Engineer at Bechtel Corp. in Houston, Texas. He has more than 40 yr of experience in the design, engineering and troubleshooting of fired heaters, thermal oxidizers, boilers and flares. He graduated from the University of Kerala in India with a degree in mechanical engineering. He also received a degree in industrial engineering from St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Texas. Mr. Vallavanatt is a registered Professional Engineer in the state of Texas, and has served on the American Petroleum Institute’s subcommittee on heat transfer equipment for the past 30 yr.
Fired heaters are designed with castable refractory in various sections of the heater.
During the operation of process fired heaters, the potential exists for sudden interruption of process flow.
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Construction / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Heat Transfer / Rotating Equipment / Refining
In any process plant, fired heaters are generally considered to be one of the most optimally designed pieces of equipment.
Petrochemicals / Refining / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Europe / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Middle East
Recent environmental regulations mandate that refinery and petrochemical industries reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. Emissions legislations are constantly under review, and they differ from coun..
Process Optimization / Refining / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Environment / Europe / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Middle East
Process heaters are the largest consumers of energy in most plants. A refinery, on average, burns approximately 2 billion Btu/hr of fuel in fired heaters. The total quantity of fuel burned (heat relea..
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- ORLEN partners with Yokogawa to develop cutting-edge technology for SAF production 9/22
- Oil prices rise as Russia fuel export ban stokes supply concerns 9/22
- Port Arthur LNG Phase 2 Project receives Federal Energy Regulatory Commission authorization 9/22
- EU set to demand e-fuel cars have no climate impact 9/22
- Ethanol groups slam U.S. EPA advisors for report on fuel's 'minimal' climate benefit 9/22
- China climate envoy says phasing out fossil fuels 'unrealistic' 9/22
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group