- Global Energy Infrastructure
Rimon Vallavanatt is the Senior Principal Engineer at Bechtel Corp. in Houston, Texas. He has more than 40 yr of experience in the design, engineering and troubleshooting of fired heaters, thermal oxidizers, boilers and flares. He graduated from the University of Kerala in India with a degree in mechanical engineering. He also received a degree in industrial engineering from St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Texas. Mr. Vallavanatt is a registered Professional Engineer in the state of Texas, and has served on the American Petroleum Institute’s subcommittee on heat transfer equipment for the past 30 yr.
Fired heaters are designed with castable refractory in various sections of the heater.
During the operation of process fired heaters, the potential exists for sudden interruption of process flow.
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Construction / Corrosion / Engineering & Design / Environment / Equipment / Heat Transfer / Rotating Equipment / Refining
In any process plant, fired heaters are generally considered to be one of the most optimally designed pieces of equipment.
Petrochemicals / Refining / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Europe / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Middle East
Recent environmental regulations mandate that refinery and petrochemical industries reduce nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. Emissions legislations are constantly under review, and they differ from coun..
Process Optimization / Refining / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Environment / Europe / Furnaces / Heat Transfer / Middle East
Process heaters are the largest consumers of energy in most plants. A refinery, on average, burns approximately 2 billion Btu/hr of fuel in fired heaters. The total quantity of fuel burned (heat relea..
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group