- Global Energy Infrastructure
Honeywell and GranBio Technologies announced that they will combine Honeywell’s ethanol to jet technology with GranBio’s cellulosic ethanol AVAP technology to produce carbon neutral SAF from biomass residues at GranBio’s forthcoming U.S. demonstration plant.
Lummus Technology announced a contract from Sinopec Ningbo Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Co. Ltd. to license Lummus' Novolen technology for a new 500 ktpa polypropylene plant in Ningbo, China.
Global distillate fuel oil inventories remain much lower than normal for the time of year but there are signs they are no longer falling which has eased some of the upward pressure on prices.
Mexican state-owned oil company Pemex expects to process 1.16 million barrels of crude oil per day by the end of 2023, a goal which would represent significant growth from current refining levels.
Borealis and TotalEnergies celebrate the start-up of their Baystar joint venture’s new 625,000 metric ton-per-year Borstar polyethylene unit, which more than doubles the current production capacity at Baystar’s site in Pasadena, Texas.
Russia, the world's top seaborne exporter of diesel just ahead of the United States, resumed exports of the fuel on after it lifted its ban on most fuel exports following a decline in domestic wholesale prices.
Aircraft flying into Las Vegas’ three airports for the 2023 National Business Aviation Association - Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition will have an opportunity to fuel up with SAF, an innovation central to the industry’s goal of achieving net-zero carbon emissions in the years to come.
World Energy and Microsoft join forces to drive aviation decarbonization through ten-year contract for SAFc
World Energy, the SAF producer and low-carbon solutions provider, announced a long-term agreement with Microsoft to accelerate the decarbonization of corporate air travel and its supply chain cargo through the purchase of SAFc.
Biofuels / Economics / Engineering & Design / Environment / Greenhouse Gases / Middle East / Europe / Asia/Pacific / Americas
Masdar is teaming up with aerospace company Boeing to propel the SAF industry in the UAE and globally with the partnership aiming to further support the commercial aviation industry’s goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050.
U.S. manufacturers reported business activity declined for the 11th month running in September, but the cycle appeared to be close to its trough and poised to return to growth in the next few months.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virent and Johnson Matthey's SAF breakthrough powers Virgin Atlantic's historic 100% sustainable transatlantic flight 11/29
- EY partners with Aspen Technology to enhance clients’ sustainability, streamline manufacturing, and modernize utility grids 11/29
- MAN Energy Solutions to build reactor for renewable fuels 11/29
- Port Hedland, WA, boosts LNG production and bunkering, aiming for IMO 2050 'zero-emissions' with onboard hydrogen 11/29
- Neste and ENOC Group enter into collaboration to drive SAF initiatives in Dubai and the MENA Region 11/29
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group