- Global Energy Infrastructure
Marathon Petroleum is preparing a plan to begin restarting units at its 596,000-bpd Garyville, Louisiana, refinery.
A storage tank fire at a Marathon Petroleum oil refinery that had triggered a temporary evacuation of area residents continue to smolder.
The United States expanded its sanctions against Myanmar to include foreign companies or individuals helping the country’s military junta to procure jet fuel that it uses to launch airstrikes on its own people, the U.S. Treasury Department said in a statement.
The five refineries in Los Angeles, California (U.S.) came through Hurricane Hilary's wind and heavy rain mostly unaffected.
Shell Plc and Pemex each could face more than $1 MM in fines over a Deer Park, Texas, chemical plant fire in May under a lawsuit filed by the state's attorney general.
Two explosions at an oilfield in western Siberia that killed two people did not lead to an oil spill, the head of Russia's environment watchdog Rosprirodnadzor said, adding that tests would show if the environment was harmed.
The United Nations said it had completed the removal of more than 1 million barrels of oil from a decaying supertanker off Yemen's Red Sea coast, averting a potential environmental disaster.
A Panama-flagged tanker called White Pearl has caught fire near the shores of Iran's Asaluyeh in the southern province of Bushehr, Iran's state TV reported.
Indonesia's state energy company PT Pertamina said it will develop a fuel storage facility in north Jakarta, following a deadly fire that broke out at a terminal earlier this year and spread into a densely populated residential area.
Americas / Environment & Safety / Engineering & Design / Equipment / Gasoline / Naphtha / Safety / Refining
ExxonMobil's 564,440 bpd Baytown, Texas, refinery resumed normal operations, company spokesperson Lauren Kight said, following a malfunction on a unit that triggered the plant's safety flare.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group