- Global Energy Infrastructure
A Russian drone attack set ablaze the Kremenchuk oil refinery in central Ukraine and knocked out power supply in three villages, while falling debris from downed drones damaged railway power lines in a nearby region.
Venezuela's largest refining complex, the 955,000-bpd Paraguana Refining Center, was operating at about 10% of capacity after two CDUs were shutdown due to a fire and lack of feedstock.
CNOOC, Eversun Holdings and Wanhua Chemical are among those that have started early evaluations of Shell assets that include a 237,000 bpd refinery and a one MMtpy ethylene cracker.
A fire that broke out at the Afipsky oil refinery in Russia's Krasnodar region was promptly extinguished, the region's emergency security authorities said after social media reports of powerful blasts shaking the refinery.
Nigeria aims to reopen its Kaduna oil refinery next year, with initial production of 60,000 bpd as part of plans to revive local refineries that have been mothballed for years.
Valero Energy plans to operate its 14 oil refineries in North America and Britain at up to 96.5% of their combined total throughput capacity of 3.2 million bpd in the fourth quarter.
Belarus expects to receive $640 MM from Russia in 2024 to compensate for losses sustained by its oil refineries.
Sonangol and China National Chemical Engineering Company signed, in the city of Lobito, Benguela, a contract for the construction of the Lobito Refinery.
Kuwait Petroleum Corp has ramped up its spot tenders for high-sulfur fuel oil sales this month.
Vietnam is seeking investment from oil giant Saudi Aramco in its petrochemical and oil refinery projects, the Southeast Asian country's government said.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group