- Global Energy Infrastructure
Global distillate fuel oil inventories remain much lower than normal for the time of year but there are signs they are no longer falling which has eased some of the upward pressure on prices.
India wants Saudi Arabia's Aramco to participate in its planned 6.5 Mmt strategic petroleum reserve program as the South Asian nation wants to strengthen ties with its key oil supplier.
Borouge Plc announced that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with National Petroleum Construction Company, a UAE-based Engineering, Procurement and Construction Company.
Kuwait's al-Zour refinery will operate at full capacity of 615,000 bpd within days.
OPEC heavyweights said oil and gas should not be stigmatized in the climate debate and that the industry had a role to play in an orderly energy transition.
Ras Laffan Petrochemicals, a joint venture company owned 30% by Chevron Phillips Chemical and 70% by QatarEnergy, announced that it has secured $4.4 B to finance an integrated polymers facility to be located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar.
Biofuels / Economics / Engineering & Design / Environment / Greenhouse Gases / Middle East / Europe / Asia/Pacific / Americas
Masdar is teaming up with aerospace company Boeing to propel the SAF industry in the UAE and globally with the partnership aiming to further support the commercial aviation industry’s goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050.
Emirates has announced an agreement with Shell Aviation for the supply of over 300,000 gallons of blended SAF for use at the airline’s international hub in Dubai.
Private Russian oil producer Lukoil will lend Azeri state oil firm Socar $1.5 B as part of a broader deal that will allow Socar's 200,000-barrel-per-day Turkish STAR refinery to process Russian crude again.
Saudi Arabia and Russia said they were continuing voluntary oil cuts to year end as tightening supply and rising demand support oil prices.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group