- Construction Boxscore
Jim Wykowski is a consultant with AOTA Energy Consultants and was previously an Engineering Manager for ExxonMobil Chemicals. He has worked in the refining and chemical industries for 35 years and has experience in technical services, research and operations. He holds a BS degree in chemical engineering from the University of Southern California and an MSChE degree from the University of Delaware.
In Part 1 of this article, economic incentives were estimated for relaxing the requirement that biocrude entering the refinery infrastructure be oxygen (O2)-free. It was concluded that an accurate estimate of these incentives is not possible without a significant amount of additional data. Part 2 examines key issues that must be addressed and the associated data needed for this constraint to be relaxed.
In Part 1 of this article, the incentives and information needed to relax the constraints of being O<sub>2</sub>-free are outlined. The authors hope that this perspective provides new directions for improving the economics of using pyoil to produce advanced biofuels (ABFs).
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Honeywell adds augmented reality to its Immersive Field Simulator 2/23
- Vitol Bunkers takes delivery of first biofuel barge in Asia 2/23
- TotalEnergies’ Texas refinery running at minimal rates 2/23
- EIA: U.S. crude stockpiles rise, products draw on low refining rates 2/23
- Iraq reopens North Refinery in Baiji closed for a decade 2/23
- Airbus and TotalEnergies sign strategic partnership for sustainable aviation fuels 2/23
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group