- Construction Boxscore
Shashikant Mistry has more than 30 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, including numerous APC/RTO project implementations and management experience around the world. He works as a senior process control engineer at the Suncor Edmonton refinery engineering automation group in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. At Suncor, Mr. Mistry has successfully completed several NIR projects, including gasoline and diesel blending for inter-process units. He also developed and implemented advanced technologies for coking units, inline gasoline/diesel, and jet fuel blending controllers with complex gain mapping technologies. He is completing work on a refinery-wide online optimization system combining refinery processing units and fuel blending systems. Mr. Mistry has been responsible for numerous refinery-wide troubleshooting and automation projects throughout his career. He has worked for Suncor, Reliance, UOP and Texaco, and has consulted for other companies in the oil and gas industry. He graduated from the University of Surrey in the UK with a BSc degree in chemical engineering.
Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy is a powerful tool that is in widespread use in the refining, chemical, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. NIR spectroscopic process analyzers are commonly used in refineries for a variety of composition and physical property measurements, such as octane number, aromatics content and distillation properties of feed and finished products.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Honeywell adds augmented reality to its Immersive Field Simulator 2/23
- Vitol Bunkers takes delivery of first biofuel barge in Asia 2/23
- TotalEnergies’ Texas refinery running at minimal rates 2/23
- EIA: U.S. crude stockpiles rise, products draw on low refining rates 2/23
- Iraq reopens North Refinery in Baiji closed for a decade 2/23
- Airbus and TotalEnergies sign strategic partnership for sustainable aviation fuels 2/23
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group