- Global Energy Infrastructure
A fire was reported at Marathon Petroleum Corp's Martinez refinery in California in which one person was injured and 20 facility workers evacuated.
U.S. oil pipeline and export terminal operators are stepping up quality checks after finding an out-of-specification cargo that raised worries of excess metals contaminating Texas shale oil.
A fire at a rural chemical distribution plant northeast of Houston was extinguished, a county emergency services department said.
A chemical plant exploded in a huge fireball in Shepherd, Texas. Authorities issued a 'shelter-in-place' order to residents within a one-mile radius of the Sound Resource Solutions complex.
Editorial Comment: Celebrating the technologies and people in the global hydrocarbon processing industry
Environment & Safety / Maintenance & Reliability / Petrochemicals / Process Control / Process Optimization / Project Management / Refining / Carbon Management / Catalysts / Construction / Engineering & Design / Environment / Information Systems / Management / People / Polymers / Products / Safety / Americas / Asia/Pacific / Europe / Middle East
On October 11, Gulf Energy Information celebrated the inaugural Gulf Energy Information Excellence Awards.
A Russian drone attack set ablaze the Kremenchuk oil refinery in central Ukraine and knocked out power supply in three villages, while falling debris from downed drones damaged railway power lines in a nearby region.
Venezuela's largest refining complex, the 955,000-bpd Paraguana Refining Center, was operating at about 10% of capacity after two CDUs were shutdown due to a fire and lack of feedstock.
A fire that broke out at the Afipsky oil refinery in Russia's Krasnodar region was promptly extinguished, the region's emergency security authorities said after social media reports of powerful blasts shaking the refinery.
Petoskey Plastics has received a No Objection Letter from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration confirming the capability of its secondary recycling process to produce post-consumer recycled linear, low-density polyethylene material that is suitable for food-contact applications.
Japan's biggest oil refiner, Eneos Corp, shut the 141,000 bpd crude distillation unit at its Sakai refinery on Oct. 16 after a glitch.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virent and Johnson Matthey's SAF breakthrough powers Virgin Atlantic's historic 100% sustainable transatlantic flight 11/29
- EY partners with Aspen Technology to enhance clients’ sustainability, streamline manufacturing, and modernize utility grids 11/29
- MAN Energy Solutions to build reactor for renewable fuels 11/29
- Port Hedland, WA, boosts LNG production and bunkering, aiming for IMO 2050 'zero-emissions' with onboard hydrogen 11/29
- Neste and ENOC Group enter into collaboration to drive SAF initiatives in Dubai and the MENA Region 11/29
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group