- Global Energy Infrastructure
Jasra, R. V.
Raksh Vir Jasra, Senior VP (R&D) at Reliance Industries Ltd., is a world-renowned catalysis, adsorption and nanomaterials scientist. Dr. Jasra achieved his PhD from Indian Institute of Delhi (IIT), Delhi, his post graduate degree from Delhi University, and was a post-doctoral fellow at Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine at London. He has developed 66 chemical processes, 27 of which were commercialized in industry. He has published 325 research articles and has 288 granted patents, including 68 U.S. patents. Dr. Jasra is a Fellow of the Indian National Science Academy and Indian National Academy of Engineering, and was given the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Indian Chemical Society. Dr. Jasra is also featured among the world’s top 2% of scientists in the field of physical chemistry for the years 2020 and 2021 as per a study by Stanford University.
Aromatics—specifically, benzene, toluene and xylenes (BTX)—are the basic building blocks for most petrochemical derivatives and commodities chemicals.
Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) manufactures para-diethylbenzene (PDEB) at one of its plants by alkylation of ethylbenzene (EB) with ethylene, using RIL's own technology and super-selective catalyst.
Petrochemicals / Process Optimization / Analyzers / Information Systems / Naphtha / Polymers / Asia/Pacific
Olefins are major building blocks for petrochemicals. Due to their reactivity and versatility, there has been tremendous growth in the demand for olefins, especially for light olefins such as ethylene, propylene, butenes and 1,3-butadiene, etc.
- ... 1 pages
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virent and Johnson Matthey's SAF breakthrough powers Virgin Atlantic's historic 100% sustainable transatlantic flight 11/29
- EY partners with Aspen Technology to enhance clients’ sustainability, streamline manufacturing, and modernize utility grids 11/29
- MAN Energy Solutions to build reactor for renewable fuels 11/29
- Port Hedland, WA, boosts LNG production and bunkering, aiming for IMO 2050 'zero-emissions' with onboard hydrogen 11/29
- Neste and ENOC Group enter into collaboration to drive SAF initiatives in Dubai and the MENA Region 11/29
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group