- Global Energy Infrastructure
Vietnam is seeking investment from oil giant Saudi Aramco in its petrochemical and oil refinery projects, the Southeast Asian country's government said.
China's oil refinery throughput in September hit a record daily rate up 12% from a year earlier as refiners increased run rates to cater for strong demand for transport fuel over the Golden Week holiday and improving manufacturing.
Uganda expects to announce the winning bidder among four groups competing for a new 60,000 bpd oil refinery next month.
Americas / Crude oil / Distillation / Engineering & Design / Economics / Environment / Refining / Maintenance & Reliability
Pemex shut down the 270,000 barrel-per-day crude distillation unit at its Deer Park, Texas, refinery on Monday because a process line ruptured.
Beijing has rejected Western criticism of its growing partnership with Moscow in light of Russia's conflict in Ukraine and it insists the ties do not flout international norms, and China has the prerogative to collaborate with whichever country it chooses.
Nigerian state oil company NNPC has begun buying gasoline via cash tenders, rather than oil swaps, for the first time in nearly a decade.
Russian crude oil and product exports rose in September by as much as 460,000 bpd, the International Energy Agency estimated, despite Western sanctions and Moscow’s pledge to cut output in tandem with OPEC
The U.S. imposed the first sanctions on owners of tankers carrying Russian oil above the G7 price cap of $60 a barrel, one based in Turkey and one in the United Arab Emirates, in an effort to close loopholes on the mechanism designed to punish Moscow for the war in Ukraine.
U.S. Assistant Secretary for Energy Resources Geoffrey Pyatt said Russia would never again be viewed as a reliable energy supplier, a day after Washington imposed fresh sanctions on Moscow because of its war in Ukraine.
Russia's seaborne oil product exports fell 2.5% in September from August to 9.456 Mmt due to seasonal maintenance of refineries and a fuel export ban late in the month.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- Virent and Johnson Matthey's SAF breakthrough powers Virgin Atlantic's historic 100% sustainable transatlantic flight 11/29
- EY partners with Aspen Technology to enhance clients’ sustainability, streamline manufacturing, and modernize utility grids 11/29
- MAN Energy Solutions to build reactor for renewable fuels 11/29
- Port Hedland, WA, boosts LNG production and bunkering, aiming for IMO 2050 'zero-emissions' with onboard hydrogen 11/29
- Neste and ENOC Group enter into collaboration to drive SAF initiatives in Dubai and the MENA Region 11/29
- Dow's board of directors approves final investment decision for Path2Zero Project 11/28
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group