- Global Energy Infrastructure
Shell sees a $5-B offshore oil investment opportunity in Nigeria and pledged to spend a further $1 B in five to 10 years to boost natural gas output for domestic supplies and exports, a presidential spokesperson said, citing Shell's director of upstream operations.
Australia energy companies Woodside and Santos Ltd said that they are in preliminary merger talks, in what could be the latest big deal in a wave of global consolidation the in oil and gas sector.
Easing global oil prices would help India boost imports from Russia as a lower than $60 a barrel price of Russian oil will enable buyers to use Western services such as insurance and ships.
The Dangote oil refinery in Nigeria received its first cargo of 1 million barrels of crude oil from Shell International Trading and Shipping Co, bringing the start of operations closer after years of delays.
Canada unveiled planned regulations to limit emissions from the oil and gas sector using a cap-and-trade system, fulfilling a promise by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government to cut emissions in its most polluting sector.
Venezuelan state oil company PDVSA has assigned loading windows in December to two vessels bound for India under crude spot deals with Italy's ENI and U.S.-based Chevron, an internal company document showed.
Ecuador's state oil company Petroecuador said that crude oil output surpassed 400,000 bpd for the first time since January 2021.
Indian refiners have resumed Venezuelan oil purchases through intermediaries, with Reliance set to meet executives from state firm PDVSA next week to discuss direct sales following the easing of U.S. sanctions on the South American country.
A severe storm in the Black Sea region has disrupted up to 2-MM bpd of oil exports from Kazakhtsan and Russia, according to state's officials and port agent data.
OPEC Secretary General Haitham Al Ghais accused the International Energy Agency of vilifying the oil and gas industry, in the latest clash between the groups over climate policy.
Current Digital Edition
Sign up to Receive Our Newsletter
- China Shipbuilding’s and Lemissoler’s first methanol-fueled Ultramax bulk carrier receives ABS approval 12/8
- RTX's Pratt & Whitney Canada and Leonardo achieve first 100% SAF flight with AW139 helicopter 12/8
- Maersk to deploy first large methanol-enabled vessel on Asia - Europe trade lane 12/8
- Shell sees $6 B in oil and gas investments in Nigeria 12/8
- Mexico's Pemex eyeing later refinery start-up date, months after initial announcement 12/8
- Indonesia's Pertamina starts carbon injection tests in Sukowati oil and gas field 12/8
Construction Boxscore: Project Spotlight
Long Son Petrochemicals Complex
Long Son, Vietnam
Siam Cement Group